Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A couple new saint paintings

St. Francis Preaching to the Birds, acrylic on cradled hardboard, 6" x 18", private collection. Had been wanting to do a larger Saint Francis with more birds since the smaller St. Francis sold. One of the biggest paintings I've ever done. Guess it's time to work even bigger--maybe. I'm not so in love with doing big paintings just for the sake of sales, or because people keep insisting I should.

Our Lady of the Snows, acrylic on wrapped canvas, 4" x 12", private collection. A friend came into the studio the other day asking if I'd ever painted St. Mary. Years ago I did a few in oils. This one's much looser, and while the talk is always that warm paintings outsell cool paintings, I'm liking this cool blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...