Monday, January 24, 2011

Sleepy Owl and Retro Rooster



Sleepy Owl and Retro Rooster. Watercolor and ink, both approx. 2.5" x 3.5". Both in private collections.  Feeling very rusty with watercolors, but have been inspired to go after them again by a master artist, Petra Rau. Her works are large and colorful but never garish. These are both small, so today began work on a large one. When I used a big mop brush to wash the paper, the brush disintegrated! Has it been a hundred years since I last did a large watercolor? Yes.

2 comments:

  1. Love the owl! I've been wanting to learn how to paint...inspires me to look for classes in my area :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your creativity and your sculpture experience, painting will be easy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...