Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Skeptikal Cat


Skeptikal Cat. Acrylic on wood, approx. 4 1/4" x 5". Private collection. This little guy is painted on a plank of oak flooring.  Found a bunch of them in the alley, and they've provided  happily workable surfaces. As far as the subject--I saw a weird looking cat drawn by Lyonel Feininger in his Kin-Der-Kids comic strip, and the cat was saying "I'm a bald skeptik". That cracked me up, and I painted this guy the next day.  Is there anything else behind it? 

When folks ask me questions about my work, my common response is a shoulder shrug and an "I dunno".  It's not that I'm necessarily inarticulate, just that all the thinking done about my work is internal and most often pictorial.  Once the work's finished I'm onto the next and don't think about why I maybe did the previous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...