Monday, May 23, 2011

La Lechuza

La Lechuza. Mixed media on canvas, 4" x 4" x 1 1/2".  Private collection.

This guy came about as an experiment in collage technique, as well as a desire to use watercolor and paper on a canvas surface.  Thanks to a uv blocking spray varnish, I can have a good time with watercolor and not have to fret about it fading, or about having to mat and frame under glass.

I used a page from an old Spanish dictionary fragment, wrapped the cradled canvas with it and also used bits from the page to create the spots behind the owl.

Finally, I used a stamp and ink, glazed it with quite a few layers of acrylic varnish, and then sprayed it with twocoats of uv block.

(Btw, Blogger is screwing up, so not every post is allowing me to add images.  If there are any ideas out there I am all ears)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...