Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Mountains, a Deer, and some Street Musicians


Haven't painted in a week or so--took a bit of a break in the mountains. I was certain I would find some inspiration there. Instead I found some noisy and fun company, but also some solitude.  Climbed above town one afternoon, sat in the shade under a Gambel Oak, and observed the birds and the flies.

On the way down I startled this young deer with velvet on his horns.  He froze and so did I. Not being a nature photographer, I stared at him while he watched me. When I finally remembered I had a camera, he had trotted up the hill, so this was the pic I snapped.

In the mountain town, I listened to a few street musicians.  They fascinate me--pretty much anyone who can play an instrument does. It is magical that a human, through some tube or a box with strings, can fill up the street with such beautiful, ever changing sounds  So that evening I passed the time sketching these little street musicians and other random guys. And that's it for this post--some random photos that may inspire a landscape painting down the road, and some unrelated sketches that will definitely find their way into some artwork. 

1 comment:

  1. It may need a lot of improvement factors as well as growth the body's hormones with regard to deer in order to collect you the totally brand new group of antlers each year.
    Deer velvet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...