Thursday, September 1, 2011

Slagtryk Magazine Cover, September 2011


Cooking Dinner, 6" x 12". Acrylic on canvas.
Painted after I completed the initial, very small pic below:


Cooking Lunch, 3" x 4". Acrylic on wood block

Anything that has to do with homey cooking, small kitchens, and food appeals to me.  The most memorable parts of books for me are often the parts about food--especially coming to mind are the dinner scenes in The Wind in the Willows and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and the great discussions of food in Iris Murdoch's The Sea, the Sea (one of my most favorite, full-of-crazy-people books).

Last spring I was asked to provide some prints for the International Exhibit at Galore, an art expo in Denmark. Cooking Dinner was one of the prints.  It was seen by the editor of Slagtryk magazine, who requested the image for the September 2011 cover.  Please check out the link, and translate! It's well worth the visit, and I'm very pleased to be part of the September issue.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...