Thursday, October 13, 2011

BoaterBird

 A Moonlit Journey, acrylic on canvas, 4" x 12", private collection. Journeys symbolized by boats in art have become such a cliche, although some of them do hit you seriously in the gut.  But we're all on journeys--so what?  This guy is enjoying his ride.

I was asleep at the wheel and varnished this one before I took the photo--so I apologize about the glare.
Inspiration-wise: 
We were in Arizona awhile back and I saw a painting of a cactus (what else?) that had some subtle layers going on in the background which I loved.  My attempt to use layers gave this pic a feeling of mountains or a bushy landscape in the background. 
And I watched Ken Burns' Prohibition last week--I loved it! That's where the hat came from.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...