Friday, October 7, 2011

Owls, continued, and a new owl painting

 Most people like owls. I am no exception. These are from my sketchbook--a few pictorial thoughts drawn with a micron pen this past summer.  Anthropomorphic is pretty much usual for me.
 
 Found this little brass owl on Etsy last week. He's hollow, about 3" tall, and worn.  A great inspiration for more drawings. Anybody have any ideas on its age?

Lonely Little GhostOwl.  Acrylic on oak wood, approx. 4 1/4" x 6". Private collection.
For some reason, a bunch of paintings done recently have little hills in them, with the figures featured almost as portraits. The reason? No idea.  I could make something up, but often the creative impulse happens in the unconscious mind and I just let that be.  That's pretty boring to those who are curious about the background stories of artwork, and I know lots of artists who make inspiration stuff up. I don't.

Next blog: More birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...