Thursday, March 29, 2012

Birds with Teeth

 Blue Bird with a Bowl. Watercolor, approx 2 1/2" x 3". A little watercolor sketch done for a friend a few years ago.  There is something about teeth that inspires me, and I especially like giving teeth to birds. It's one of those things that I suspect does not inspire the rest of the population.

 But, there are lots of these toothy birds in my sketchbook.  When I was a kid I thought it was a little creepy and fascinating when Daffy Duck showed his teeth. Maybe that's where this comes from.  But I also thought it was weird that Disney's Goofy had human-toed feet.

Been partial to this little crabby bird for a long time. I even made some greeting cards featuring this image. That pretty much clinched it--I'm alone in my partiality :)

Thanks for checking this out anyway!

6 comments:

  1. OH how I envy your ability to turn out pieces with so. much. character!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words most appreciated--thanks, Joanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These birds are just great! Makes me laugh:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great compliment--thank you, Line!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth--I am happy to know others think bird-teeth are cool :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...