Sunday, May 27, 2012

Saint Matthias, Part 3

 Once the blue was on, the main effort was directed at covering up the rest of the red--pretty vivid for a little studio--as quickly as possible.

The basic color plan was established. The Saint Matthias head study (upper left) has become St. Francis of Assisi--I have yet to finish it).

A bit further along, this detail shows the rough modeling stage and the skin tone beginning to be established.
You can see it a bit further along in a previous post

Next post: The progression of the face.
Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. It's wonderful. I love your use of blue -- my eyes just drink it in -- so deep and, well, blue. This is looking reverent and inviting. Thanks for sharing the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comments, Joy. I tried to do St. Matthias justice--glad you like the painting :)

      Delete
  2. Great work Tom! And soo big. Wow! Found this site and since you are a birdfriend I wanted to share it with you: http://mattsewell.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Line--and thanks for the link--I am glad to find his work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors are so vibrant! Really brings it all to "life!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I've always loved watercolors, but am glad I jumped into acrylics awhile back--they give instant vivid :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...