Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Witch and a Mummy

 Playing around a bit this past week, trying different techniques and making some new Halloween decorations at the same time. The great thing about taking time off from serious production is that I always learn something for use down the road. I generally can't get that by hacking away at consequential work.

 Only one of the great benefits of my few years of teaching elementary school was that I got a lot of practice making bulletin boards. So butcher paper paintings like these became the standard for my classroom.

And now it's great relaxation to grab cheap paper and just draw and paint without thinking about sales or who out there might like them or not. And I'm usually happy with the results of a calm day of painting this way.

Both are acrylic paint on brown paper, approximately 25" x 25" or so. They're up in my front window, and I'm thinking on a third for the last windowpane.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tom,
    the truth is that this year I'm living "Halloween" ... with all these preparations! is fun, exciting ... I wish I had a chair time and space and fly to the country of halloween! and meet your people ... give a little scary, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karumina--You would enjoy this country. People love the Halloween season here, maybe more than any other!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Couldn't find any vintage decorations so had to make some--still, I want one of those skeletons!

      Delete
  3. These are great! Makes me smile. Okay, and scream:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Line! That's what Halloween is for, smiling and screaming :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...