Thursday, June 5, 2014

Making Music in the Sketchbook

http://tomsarmo.blogspot.com/
My exploration of my old sketchbooks continues. 
What struck me this time were the amount of sketches referencing musical instruments and musicians.
This is an oldie from back in the '90s.

I think this one is from the '80s.
Not all that surprised--music is right up there along with my passion for art. And it kills me that I can't learn to play an instrument.




These were drawn during meetings at my day-job back in the grunge decade.
Appropriately, I was taking guitar lessons around this time--and was a miserable failure.

Can't even roughly date this one...

or this tubby fellow.

Never tried to learn an instrument of the orchestra, but...


...when a band program came to my elementary school, I chose the clarinet! 
The band teacher told me to forget that; it would only make my buck teeth worse. "Play the trumpet," he 
said, "It'll push those teeth back."
Cranky even at the age of nine, I refused to play anything.

So I draw clarinet-ish instruments in my sketchbooks instead.

http://tomsarmo.blogspot.com/
I've considered taking up the concertina...


...but I probably oughta sell my dust-covered guitar first.
Any buyers out there?

Anyway, thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...