Monday, August 24, 2015

Muses: Internal and External

http://tomsarmo.com/
Muse n 1: the goddess or power regarded as inspiring a poet, artist, thinker, or the like. 2: a source of inspiration; esp: a guiding genius

I have an internal guide--or muse. And he looks something like this goblin. He doesn't often solve my art problems, but he leans, gently pressuring me to get down with some goofy drawing. I'm not always willing to go in his advised direction, but fighting it often results in poor work. He's been a constant companion all my life, and I am usually content with his...support.

Luckily, my wife is my external muse and my guiding genius. Always, if I am stuck for an idea, or a direction to go with my art (and my driving), Linda comes up with multiple solutions (and the best route). I don't voice my artistic struggle-of-the-moment often enough, or admit that I'm lost. But when I can quit being hard-headed, my wife shows me the way.
Thanks for reading! 


4 comments:

  1. omg,Tom, my Muse looks prettier ;)
    But luckily, you have also a real one , a guiding genius as you said, next to you! :)

    funny post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LT--Thanks for the visit! My wish is multiple muses for everyone, definitely including the better-looking ones =]

      Delete
  2. Tom, your work is full of surprises! It is so fresh and fun and well-done! That is amazing you can "see" your internal muse and so glad to God you have your wife, too! Thanks be to God for the goodness in your life and the fire in your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Gladys--I don't know what I'd do without all three!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...