Thursday, February 14, 2013

English Village, Smugglers, and Secret Passages

The Sawmill. Acrylic on cradled hardboard, 5" x 5".
(Continuing my exploration of grey.)

Years ago, in a junk store, I found a sheaf of small papers obviously cut from an old book. 
Among the papers was the inscription:
June-15-44
Sgt. Vernon J. _ _ _ _
Hdqs. 401st Bomb Group (H)
A.P.O. 557 c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Also among the papers were a few photographs of places in England, one marked Robin Hood's Bay;
an intriguing place that I will visit someday, especially after finding this link:

This little painting is my interpretation of the old photo. Best I could tell, the main building was once a sawmill. Hence my title.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...