Wednesday, July 13, 2016

You Can (and Oughta) be an Art Collector: Part Three

By Kayla Edgar

Kayla is a Colorado Artist/Illustrator. I bought this at a show we were in together called Monkey Business; at Valkarie Gallery. It's an 8" x 8" artwork that holds its own on any wall in my house.

Continuing from the previous post Collecting Art: Part Two

By David Thierree

I use Facebook for art inspiration--that's where I saw this. Luckily, I enthusiastically shared David's post with my family, and they later got the drawing for me as a Christmas present.
Also lucky--it happened to fit perfectly into this nice old frame.

By JB Monge

Etsy is great for inspiration, and a gift or two to myself. This drip-nosed goblin sketch was sized to fit into a 10" x 8", ready-made frame.
My taste in art doesn't suit everyone. Yours shouldn't either. Disconnect your fear of buying art by remembering that you aren't trying to please your guests; you are collecting to please yourself.

I hope these three posts on collecting art have given some incentive to become an art collector and support living, working artists. My aim was to show that great art can be found in a variety of places. The media focuses on the huge, million dollar art sales in NYC, and that seems intimidating to lots of folks. But everyone can and should enhance their life with original artworks, hand-made by real people, not the stuff churned out on foreign printing presses.
Check out more of the aforementioned artist's works here:


 Next post: Great digital art to collect!
Thanks for reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...